AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN AND THE 7 LAGOONS
Located on the slopes of the Vilcanota mountain range, which receive the following names: Otorongo Macho, Otorongo female, Puca Cocha, Alqa Cocha, Ccomer Cocha, Azul Cocha, and Pata Cocha.
In the community of Pacchanta, there are hot springs that have medicinal properties, if you want you can also enjoy these waters. can you see the video
CUSCO – TINKI (3,950 M) – PACCHANTA (4,200 M) – LAGOONS (4,850 M) – CUSCO – TOUR AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN AND THE 7 LAGOONS TREK 1 D
We will pick you up from your hotel at 4 am to take you to the village of Pacchanta. Firstly, we reach the village of Tinki where we have a short stop before we continue our ride for the next 45 minutes (approx.) until we get to Pacchanta. There, we get off as a delicious breakfast awaits us. Afterward, we start hiking towards the splendid lagoons of Ausangate.
It takes us about 5 hours to visit the lagoons called Azul Cocha, Otorongo, Pucacocha, Alqacocha, and Q’omercocha. In addition, we can appreciate the big number of high peaks such as Ausangate (6,834 m), Mariposa (5,842 m), Jampa (5,500 m), Pucapunta (5,740 m), Caracol (5,625 m), Tinki (5,300 m), and the whole Cordilleras de Qayangate. As another extra, we can enjoy observation of birds, alpacas, llamas, vizcachas, and if we are lucky, Andean condors. Doing this circuit, we get back to Pacchanta to enjoy its thermal baths that are perfect to relax whole body muscles. We are served a buffet lunch there. Like this, we get ready for our way back to Cusco reaching it at around 7 pm. The end of service.
Maximum altitude: 4,850 metres / 15,912 feet
Minimum altitude: 4,200 metres / 14,107 feet
Duration of the trek: 5 hours
Trekking distance: 7 km / 4.3 miles
AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN AND THE 7 LAGOONS TREK 1 D
CUSCO – TINKI (3,950 M) – PACCHANTA (4,200 M) – LAGOONS (4,850 M) – CUSCO
- 4 am – a pick-up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Transport by private vehicle till the village of Pacchanta stopping on the way at Tinki.
- Breakfast at Pacchanta.
- 5-hour hike visiting 7 lagoons on the way while observing Mt Ausangate and the stunning surrounding nature.
- Getting back to Pacchanta.
- Visit its thermal baths.
- Lunch at Pacchanta.
- Return transport to Cusco.
- 7 pm – arrival to the city.
- Drop off at your hotel.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TOUR AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN AND THE 7 LAGOONS TREK 1 D:
- Please note! The trek takes place at an altitude of between 4,850 meters (15,910 ft) and 5,000 meters (16,400 ft) above sea level! For this reason, it is very important that every participant gets acclimatized in Cusco (or, another place with an altitude of over 3,000 m/9,840 ft) for at least 3 days.
- We recommend you to take any medicine against Soroche (high altitude sickness) or/and coca leaves/coca sweets.
- Every participant needs to be in good physical and mental shape to do the trek! Everybody must be able to walk for 3 hours (small breaks including) to enjoy the landscape.
- To maximize a nice experience of the trek, we advise you to practice a small exercise prior to this trip.
- If you suffer from any health problem, we recommend you consult with your doctor in advance.
- Please keep yourself hydrated during the trip.
- In case of rays, please switch off every electronic device!
CONDITIONS AND SEASONS TO AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN ADN 7 LAGOONS:
- The number of participants: there is not a minimum of participants required.
- Please note: The tour starts and ends in Cusco!
- 24-hour availability: It is possible to book the tour at any time of the day.
- Suitable season: All year round without any limit. However, you should know that January is the peak of the rainy season and snow so the weather is very cold. If you like to know about the present season conditions, please inquire us a couple of days in advance.
- Please be careful with the environment (all garbage must be taken back to Cusco)!
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
INCLUDED FOR AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN AND 7 LAGOONS:
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance ticket to Ausangate.
- A professional English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Guide Assistant (for groups of over 10 participants).
- A professional Cook experienced in preparing healthy food.
- Private transport to the trailhead and back to Cusco.
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 1x buffet lunch, hot beverages during main meals, snack, 1x bottled water – a vegetarian option available upon request.
- First aid kit and a bottle of oxygen.
NOT INCLUDED FOR TOUR AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN:
- Walking stick (we can rent you one for an extra of USD 5).
- An extra horse in case of emergency or to carry personal belongings (USD 28 extra).
- Beverages (apart of breakfast and lunch).
- Tips to local staff.
- Entrance fee to the thermal baths.
- Pocket money in Soles.
- Accommodation in Cusco.
- Any flight.
- Travel insurance.
WHAT TO BRING
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU TO AUSANGATE MOUNTAIN?
- Necessary stuff for a 1-day trek (We recommend a backpack of up to 5 kg of your belongings some of which might be carried by an extra horse.);
- Personal identification document (ID/Passport);
- Personal medicines (if applicable);
- Small backpack;
- Warm clothes such as a jacket, sweaters, long trousers;
- Raincoat or poncho (especially, from November to April);
- Trekking shoes;
- Extra batteries and/or power bank (there is no electricity on the trek);
- A peak/hat;
- Sun protection cream;
- Toilet paper;
- Swimsuit (in case, you wish to visit the thermal baths);
- Water purification tablets (optional);
- USD 50 changed in Soles (for any case of emergency or to buy some souvenirs).
The price depends on the number of participants, travel dates and other preferences. Please inquire about a personalized price.