TREKKING ON THE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TEA ROUTE
DAY 1: CUSCO – HUAYOPATA – ECOLODGE IPAL – TEA PLANTATIONS
In the TREKKING TOUR IN THE ROUTE OF TEA COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE, to begin we will make the pick up at your hotel at around 05:00 a.m. and then we will go to Inkatambo, and on the way, we will have breakfast and in the same way, as we continue we will be able to appreciate the Nevado la Verónica also called Willka wiqi (Sacred Tear), Wayna willka (Sacred Youth) and Eternal Father.
Later we will descend towards the Huayopata valley and in the Inkatambo sector we will begin our walk and therefore we will pass through a beautiful bridge to go to Inkatambo, a very particular Inca construction that will surely leave you very impressed.
Then we will continue our walk along a beautiful path, observing changes in ecosystems, orchids, tea plantations, part of the Inca trail, and the wonders of the Cusco jungle. in the same way. For lunch, we will go to a beautiful farm, where one of its peculiarities is the beauty and breeding of trout in this place. Then we will continue our walk along the beautiful path, we will pass through beautiful areas of orchids and the viewpoint of the valley, and then we will arrive at the sector of the industrialization of tea and tasting of this product. Then we will settle in our Ecolodge Ipal lodge.
At night we will go for a walk through the forest to observe nocturnal birds and animals, this experience is wonderful since we will be able to appreciate quantities of owls, nightjars, and nocturnal mammals that come out to feed.
DAY 2: ECOLODGE IPAL – COFFEE & COCOA PLANTATIONS – CUSCO
We will start before breakfast and we will head towards the mountain along a picturesque path to observe birds such as:
- The Cock-of-the-Rock (Rupícola Peruviana).
- Swallow-tailed Hummingbird.
- Red Crested Finch.
- Russet Crowned Crake.
- Blue Tailed Emerald.
- Varieties Of Tanagers.
- Among Other Species.
Then we will have the traditional breakfast of the area and then we will go to the coffee plots, where we will participate in the cultivation of plants and therefore, our guide will explain to us how to grow and care for coffee, types of coffee, and forms.
Later we will proceed to the harvest and the process of hulling the coffee and drying since then, having the product we will go to the house of a villager to carry out the artisanal roasting process and take out the organic coffee for consumption and then, as a result, we will go to the coffee tasting and in the same way, we will have lunch.
Later later we will go to other plots, where we will visit the cocoa plantations and we will collect a few since it is necessary for our guide to explain the cultivation process to us and therefore he will illustrate the demonstration of the chocolate process, for a consequent taste of this.
TREKKING ON THE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TEA ROUTE
DAY 1 TREKKING ON THE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TEA ROUTE: CUSCO – HUAYOPATA – ECOLODGE IPAL – TEA PLANTATIONS
- 5 am – pick up at your hotel.
- Transportation of 4 hours to Huayopata passing through beautiful ecosystems.
- We will descend towards the Huayopata valley and in the Inkatambo sector, we will begin our walk.
- We will observe changes in ecosystems, orchids, tea plantations and tasting, part of the Inca trail, and the wonders of the Cusco jungle.
- Lunch at a farm.
- Continuation of the walk.
- Reach the tea industrialization sector.
- You will be accommodated in the ecolodge.
- Observations of birds and nocturnal animals.
- Dinner at the lodge.
DAY 2 TREKKING ON THE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TEA ROUTE: ECOLODGE IPAL – COFFEE & COCOA PLANTATIONS – CUSCO
- Before breakfast, we will head towards the mountain to observe birds.
- Breakfast at the ecolodge.
- Explanation and visit to the coffee plots to collect the coffee and where you will also participate in the process.
- Once with the product, we will go to a house to get the organic coffee for consumption.
- In the afternoon, we will visit the cocoa plantations and do the pickup.
- They will give us a demonstration of the chocolate process, and finally, we will taste the chocolate.
- End of service.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR TOUR ROUTE OF TEA COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE?
- First of all, tourist transport.
- Second, official tourist guide (English – Spanish).
- 1 breakfast.
- As well as 2 lunches.
- 1 dinner.
- Finally, 1 night of accommodation.
WHAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE TEA ROUTE IN OUR TOUR?
- First of all, tips.
- Second, extra food and drinks.
Ecolodge Ipal is the only tourist hostel in this area, located on the Inka jungle route to Machupicchu, built in the middle of the Forest, especially for Bird Watching tourism and having rest days outside the city, accompanied by tropical products and enjoyment of a cozy climate. It has 4 cabins, a spacious dining room and bar for some exotic drinks at night, and a large garden and forest area for bird watching.
“Ecolodge Ipal” is run by competitive professionals in the tourism area, with the sole objective of providing services with high-quality standards and professionalism. Therefore, they will make your travel experience memorable for a lifetime.
WHAT TO BRING
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OUR TOUR ROUTE OF TEA COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE:
- Wear long (but light) clothing to avoid insect bites.
- Insect repellent.
- Likewise, cap or hat.
- Glasses and sunscreen.
- What’s more, carry extra money in soles.
Avoid leaving trash and/or destroying this wonderful place.