LIMA CITY TOUR & PACHACAMAC TRIP
DAY 1: LIMA CITY TOUR
The LIMA CITY TOUR & PACHACAMAC TRIP is divided into 3 sections:
- Pre-Colombian Lima,
- Colonial Lima,
- Contemporary Lima.
First off, we visit the pre-Colombian part of Lima. So, your Tour Guide picks you up in the morning from your hotel. Then, our transport takes you to the archaeological complex of Huaca Pucllana where the Guide explains about this ancient culture and shows you around.
Afterward, you get on our private vehicle which brings you to the historic city center to start the Colonial part of the Lima City Tour. There, you can appreciate about fifty monuments and colonial buildings. Firstly, you walk around Plaza Mayor (the main square). Secondly, you observe the Government Palace. Then, we take a break to have lunch at a nice restaurant. When we are ready, we head for the Basilica Cathedral of Lima. From there, we continue to the Archbishop’s Palace. Our next stop is at the City Hall to later visit the large complex of the Saint Francis Monastery. At the end of the Colonial part of the tour, we walk through some main historic streets while observing Colonial mansions and so-called “Mudejar” style balconies.
The last part of the tour includes an excursion to the modern parts of Lima. For that reason, we get on our vehicle again and move to the San Isidro neighborhood – the most modern and luxurious part of the capital, and have a walk around. After that, we move to the neighboring district of Miraflores to see its main parts. We visit the important Museum of Gold housing overwhelming artworks of the pre-Colombian Civilizations. The Lima City Tour finishes with a walk along with the ocean-side Larcomar District where we can enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean. Eventually, we take you back to your hotel for a rest.
DAY 2: PACHACAMAC TOUR
At 7 am, you are served breakfast at your hotel. At 8 am, we pick you up to hit the road towards the ancient, religious complex of Pachacamac. For that reason, we ride for 45 minutes (it depends on the traffic) south of Lima to the valley of the Lurin River. There, our guide starts the tour by explaining to us the history of the oldest part of the complex – the Old Temple of Pachacamac (constructed by the Lima Culture). It is a pyramidal complex made of adobe bricks (the same material is used in all complexes). Afterward, we visit the Painted Temple, the enormous Temple of the Sun (built by the Incas), the Pilgrimage Square, and Aqlla Wasi (the House of the Chosen Ones). After we have seen the first sector, we continue to the second-secular sector that incorporates many secular pyramids and dwellings.
The last part to be observed in Pachacamac is its excellent site museum housing loads of historical artifacts such as ceramics and fabrics. Finally, we ride back to Lima stopping in the Barranco Quarter to see the famous Bridge of Sighs as well as to appreciate some wonderful views of the ocean. Then, we take you back to your hotel. The end of service of the Lima City Tour & Pachacamac Trip 2D/1N.
LIMA CITY TOUR & PACHACAMAC TRIP
DAY 1: LIMA CITY TOUR
- 8 am – a pick-up from your hotel in Lima.
- Start the first section of the tour dedicated to the pre-Colombian Lima.
- Transport to the archaeological complex of Huaca Pucllana.
- 8:20 am – a guided visit to this pre-Hispanic site.
- Transport to the historic downtown.
- The start of the second section of the tour is related to the Colonial Era.
- Walk around “Plaza Mayor” (the main square).
- Visit the Government Palace.
- Lunch at a restaurant with typical Peruvian cuisine.
- Touring the Basilica Cathedral of Lima.
- Excursion at the Archbishop’s Palace.
- Stop at the City Hall.
- Exploration of the monumental Saint Francis Monastery.
- Walk around some main streets of the historic center representing typical Colonial architecture.
- Transfer to the San Isidro District.
- The beginning of the third part of the tour is dedicated to modern Lima.
- Visit the modern residential neighborhood of San Isidro.
- Transfer to the Museum of Gold (housing pre-Colombian artworks) and its guided visit.
- Continuation to the modern residential and business Miraflores District.
- Moving to the Larcomar Quarter to enjoy some Pacific Ocean views.
- Ride back to your hotel.
- Dinner (it is not included in the tour price).
- Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2: PACHACAMAC TRIP
- 7 am – breakfast at the hotel.
- 8 am – a pick-up from our Tour Guide.
- Transport to the 32-km far Lurin Valley (45 minutes).
- 8:45 am – arrival at the archaeological complex of Pachacamac.
- Guided visit of the first-sacred sector with its pyramidal temples.
- Exploration of the Pilgrimage Square, Aqlla Wasi, a temple with ramps, etc.
- Continuation to the second-secular sector.
- Visit the excellent Pachacamac Museum.
- Transport back to the capital.
- Stop at the Barranco Quarter to see the Bridge of Sighs and the Pacific Ocean.
- Drop-off at your hotel.
- End of the Lima City Tour & Pachacamac Trip 2D/1N.
Please advise us in case, you would like to stay in your hotel an extra night and we can extend your stay.
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
LIMA CITY TOUR & PACHACAMAC TRIP INCLUDED:
- A professional English-speaking Tour Guide.
- 1 night at a hotel in Lima.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Lima.
- Transport during all the Lima City Tour & Pachacamac Trip 2D/1N.
- All entrance fees.
- Lima City Tour.
- Pachacamac Trip.
- Meals: 1x breakfast and 2x lunch – a vegetarian option available upon request.
- Drop-off at the hotel.
LIMA CITY TOUR & PACHACAMAC TRIP NOT INCLUDED:
- Breakfast on day 1.
- Any dinner.
- Beverages are a part of the main meals.
- Tips to local staff.
- Any flight.
WHAT TO BRING
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU TO THE LIMA CITY TOUR & PACHACAMAC TRIP?
- Copy of passport,
- Sun cream,
- A cap/hat,
- A small backpack,
- Light and comfortable clothes for 2 days (preferably light colors; T-shirts, shorts, sufficient number of socks and underwear).
- Comfortable shoes,
- Small towel,
- Paper towels,
- Bottled water,
- Pocket money (to buy souvenirs or refreshments).
- Personal medication (if applicable).