DAY 1: AYAHUASCA HEALING CEREMONY (CUSCO – KALLACHACA – HUARAN)
At the beginning of the Ayahuasca Healing 2D/1N, your Tour Guide picks you up from your hotel at 8 am to head for the archaeological mystic pyramids of Kallachaca. After a 30-minute ride, you arrive at Kallachaka, this wonderful site was built around the year 1400 during the reign of the Cusi Yupanqui (Pachacutec).
One of the pyramids is called Solar Pyramid and it is opposed to its twin – the Lunar Pyramid, not yet excavated by archaeologists. Kallachaka not only hides its awesome pyramids but also a hydraulic engineering masterpiece since the below located Inkilltambo River is channelled in perfectly. You enjoy the energy of the site during a guided tour. Afterwards, you have a vegetarian box lunch there.
Later, we continue to the Sacred Valley of the Incas to a village of Huaran. At 5:30 pm, we are welcomed by two experienced shamans at the healing temple in Huaran. The names of this couple are Gaby and Albert and they give an introduction speech prior to the ceremony to provide you with some instructions and recommendations. Also, they make a personal observation to find an appropriate dose of the potion in accordance with your physical and mental capacity.
At around 6:30 pm, the Ayahuasca healing ceremony starts with drinking the Ayahuasca beverage under the supervision of both shamans. After that, you experience visions, discover your inner self, clean yourself of horrible experiences from the past and find your inner peace. The effect of the potion lasts approximately 6 hours, during which the Shamans take care of you. At the end of the ceremony, the shaman makes you gain your consciousness again. Afterwards, you might feel like a free person both, spiritually and physically. The ceremony ends at 1 am. Then, you spend the night in the healing centre.
DAY 2: AYAHUASCA HEALING CEREMONY (HUARAN – CUSCO)
Gaby and Albert prepare a healthy vegetarian breakfast for you using natural and organic products. At 9 am, they wake you up slowly to serve you breakfast. Within the meal, you might share your experience of the ceremony with the shamans and other participants. After breakfast, you receive a personalized interpretation of your visions you had within the ceremony. At 12:30, we get on the private van that brings us back to Cusco arriving there at 2 pm (approximately). Then, you are taken to your hotel. The end of service of the Ayahuasca Healing 2D/1N.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KALLACHACA – HUARAN
- 8 am – a pick-up from your hotel.
- The 30-minute ride to Kallanchaca.
- Guided tour of the energetic and mysterious pyramids of Kallanchaca.
- 4 pm – transportation to Huaran, located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- 5:30 pm – arrival at the healing temple in Huaran.
- Introduction speech of our two experienced shamans.
- 6:30 pm – a beginning of the Ayahuasca ceremony.
- Drinking of an Ayahuasca potion under the supervision of the shamans.
- Going through an Ayahuasca experience to discover your inner self, to feel happy and to heal from inside.
- Consciousness regaining.
- Around 1 am – end of the ceremony.
- Overnight at the healing temple.
DAY 2: HUARAN – CUSCO
- Gaby and Albert prepare food.
- 9 am – a slow wake-up.
- Vegetarian and natural breakfast.
- Sharing experiences of the ceremony.
- 12:30 pm – return to Cusco City.
- 2 pm – arrival at Cusco.
- Drop off at your hotel.
- End of service of the Peru – Ayahuasca Healing 2D/1N.
PRE-CEREMONY DIET AND RESTRICTIONS FOR AYAHUASCA HEALING CEREMONY:
Banisteriopsis caapi vine (Ayahuasca) includes certain alkaloids which act as *MAOIs/IMAOs – monoamine oxidase inhibitors (see below). Its brew is frequently prepared to combine it with the shrub of Psychotria viridis containing a psychoactive substance. For that reason, it is very IMPORTANT to keep a diet for 2-3 days prior to the Ayahuasca Healing ceremony. Please follow the instructions below:
- Eat ONLY vegetarian food!
- AVOID any consumption of alcohol and drugs!
- You CAN’T attend in case of use of some medicines such as decongestants taken against the cold and some allergies as well as ANTIDEPRESSANTS!!!
- DON’T smoke!
- AVOID caffeine, greasy food, salt, spicy and heavily seasoned meals and acidic foods (e.g. citruses).
- It is recommended to have a diet LOW in foods containing TYRAMINE since the interaction of tyramine and MAOIs might cause a hypertensive crisis. This could lead to a cerebrovascular accident!
- AVOID sex before, during and after the Ayahuasca Healing ceremony.
- REFRAIN from attending during your menstruation.
- DON’T ATTEND the ceremony during your PREGNANCY and NURSING!!!
- Contraindication for people with HEART PROBLEMS, GASTRITIS or HIGH-BLOOD PRESSURE!
- On the day of the ceremony, the diet is stricter! You can have only papaya juice for breakfast and just until 10 am. Then, you may only drink water (at least 2 litres) during the whole day. No lunch or other food until the end of the ceremony!
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
INCLUDED IN AYAHUASCA HEALING CEREMONY:
- Pre-ceremony consultation in case of medication use.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Private transportation during all the Peru – Ayahuasca Healing 2D/1N.
- 1 night at the healing temple in Huaran (Sacred Valley of the Incas).
- A professional English-speaking Tour Guide.
- 2 experienced shamans during the entire healing ceremony.
- Private Ayahuasca healing ceremony.
- Drawing materials after the ceremony.
- Guided tour of the archaeological site of Kallachaca.
- Meals: 1x a vegetarian box lunch, 1x breakfast (following the special pre-ceremony diet).
- Drop off at your hotel.
NOT INCLUDED IN AYAHUASCA HEALING CEREMONY:
- Meals not mentioned.
- Bottled water.
- Tips to local staff.
- Accommodation in Cusco.
- Any flight ticket.
- Travel insurance.
WHAT TO BRING
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU FOR AYAHUASCA HEALING CEREMONY?
- Necessary stuff for a 2-day trip.
- Warm clothes such as a jacket, a sweater, long trousers (particularly for the night).
- The a sufficient number of socks and underwear.
- Raincoat or poncho (especially, from November to April).
- Comfortable shoes.
- A peak/hat.
- Sun protection cream.
- Toilet paper.
- Bottled water.
Please note: Do not carry cameras or other valuables!
The price depends on the number of participants and other preferences. Please inquire about a personalized price.