PERU – GASTRONOMY 1 DAY
Tour Peru Gastronomy 1 day, at 7:40, am, our bilingual Tour Guide picks you up from your hotel in Cusco in order to bring you to a restaurant in the centre where the cooking classes take place. Upon arrival, you meet our Chef. Afterwards, the Chef takes you to the local, central market called “Mercado San Pedro“, where Andean and organic products from the entire Cusco Region are sold. There, the Chef explains to you about each product and the healing effects of every medicinal plant. Then, you together with buy ingredients necessary for the cooking classes.
You return to the restaurant and the cooking classes can begin. Firstly, you learn how to prepare starters such as the famous Peruvian dish named “ceviche” and/or “causa limeña”. Secondly, the Chef teaches you how to cook the main dish called “Lomo Saltado” (a Peruvian beef stir-fry meal). Thirdly, you are explained by the Chef how to make the typical Peru sweet desserts: “Mazamorra Morada” (gelatin made of purple corn flour) or “Arroz con Leche” (rice pudding). In the end, you have a sit and taste every one of the prepared meals. Good appetite! 🙂
The next part of the Peru – Gastronomy 1 Day tour is a preparation of the national delicious drink – Pisco Sour. It is also followed by its tasting.
At the end of the day, you say goodbye to the Chef and your Tour Guide brings you back to your hotel.
PERU – GASTRONOMY 1 DAY
CUSCO – A RESTAURANT IN THE CITY CENTRE
- 7:40 am – a pick-up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Transfer/walk to a restaurant in the city centre.
- Shopping of ingredients at the San Pedro Market.
- Return to the restaurant.
- Start of the cooking classes with the Chef.
- Tasting of the dishes prepared during the class.
- Class of a Pisco Sour preparation.
- Farewell toast with Pisco Sour.
- Walk/transfer back to the hotel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PERU GASTRONOMY TOUR?
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Transfer to a restaurant in the city centre.
- A professional bilingual Tour Guide during all the Peru – Gastronomy 1 Day tour.
- Cooking classes.
- A professional Chef.
- All ingredients.
- Transfer back to the hotel.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PERU GASTRONOMY TOUR?
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Tips to local staff.
- Any accommodation.
- Any flight.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE TOUR PERU GASTRONOMY:
- First, groups of a maximum of 8 participants are recommended, since the more participants the course would be an explanatory tour instead of a participatory one.
- In addition, it is recommended for people over 12 years old.