Dear Friends welcome to this website to buy your tickets to Machu Picchu. A common query travelers visiting Cusco – Peru is where? And how? Buy tickets to Machu Picchu, especially since there are constant changes in the form of reserve.
On this website you can resolve all doubts in questions about your visit to Machu Picchu.
Types of tickets to Machu Picchu.
There are four types of tickets to Machu Picchu, these are as different combos and are as follows:
1. Only Machu Picchu: only entrance to the citadel. (Normal Circuit)
2. Huayna Picchu + Machu Picchu: This option allows access to the citadel and also provides access to the mountain called Huayna Picchu.
You get two schedules to access this Mountain and are as follows:
a) from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
b) from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m..
Any of the schedules is recommended, the view of the citadel is spectacular from this point. By accessing the mountain you can stay two hours at most, then you have to go back because they have to rotate the groups, on the other hand you can stay in the citadel until 5:30 pm if you wish.
3. Machu Picchu + Museum: This combo includes entrance to the citadel and the museum site of Machu Picchu, which is located in the lower part of the mountain, exactly in the call bridge ruins.
4.-Machu Picchu + Machu Picchu Mountain: This option allows access to the citadel and the mountain called Machu Picchu the same name.
The time available to climb the mountain Machu Picchu is from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.. Otherwise you can visit the citadel until 5:30 pm if you wish.
Why book your ticket to Machu Picchu in advance?
A) Limited space: The Peruvian government took steps to preserve our heritage, which limits access to Machu Picchu, as outlined below.
1.- Availability of Ticket to Machu Picchu: 2500 spaces per day.
2.- Ticket Availability + Huayna Picchu Machu Picchu:
Group 01 (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) 200 spaces per day.
Group 02 (7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.) 200 spaces per day.
3. Ticket Availability + Machu Picchu Mountain: 400 spaces per day.
* It is for these reasons that tourists are recommended to prevent early to reserve and purchase their income to Machu Picchu.
* Admission to all destinations listed is daily, including Sundays and holidays.
B) Time Factor: Many travelers choose to purchase your tickets to Machu Picchu once arrived to Cusco, however in recent years began to be difficult, so many travelers can not find tickets for the date they wish to visit the citadel . For this reason the time is crucial to reserve in advance, so would avoid inconveniences and bad experiences.
C) Factor price: The price may find cheaper and convenient if you buy your tickets in advance and best if you are a student and you have your ISIC card. The possibility exists that you arrive to Cusco and you do not find tickets, so you invest more trying to find a resale for the exact date.
Is it better to buy your tickets to Machu Picchu in Peru or online?
A couple of years ago we have the option to purchase your tickets to Machu Picchu by internet , but you also have the option to buy in Cusco or Aguas Calientes.
The problem is that many travelers prefer to buy it once you arrive in Peru, because they do not have the exact date of their entrance to the archaeological site at the risk of running out of ticket for the day.
*While it is true you can buy your ticket once arrived in Cusco – Peru, you may find yourself with long queues to purchase your ticket, and this will depend on the season youchr(39)re traveling.
Low Season: January to March.
High Season: April to November.
*Another difficulty is the official website of the government, they don´t have the options to buy in other languages, Another difficult the payment system is a little flawed, causing inconvenience to tourists and makes it very difficult to book tickets in that website.
For these reasons the travelers look for other options, reliable websites and authorized for purchase in advance.
How I can climb to Huayna Picchu?
We recommend booking in advance your HuaynaPicchu Ticket, because once You arrive to Cusco may not you find tickets for date that you like, the availability to climb this mountain is 400 per day, as described in detail previously this is sold like a combo (Machu Picchu + HuaynaPicchu).
If you want to climb this mountain we recommend to book one month in advance to avoid problems.
Are there any discounts for students?
1.- Children under 7 are exempt from payment, from 8 years are charged as a student. (Present document proving).
2.- Foreign Student: Submit ISIC card.
How can I buy the entrance to Machu Picchu for students with ISIC card or card college student?
Tickets for students can be purchased through the following options:
1. Through a licensed travel agent, this option is recommended, as it allows book your tickets in advance and at a low cost for a student. The list of agencies can be found on the website of the government, enter www.machupicchu.gob.pe click QUERIES in the lower part AGENCIES find the option.
2. The other option is to buy the ticket in Cusco in government offices, located in Av From Nº238 Culture Condominium Huascar-Wanchaq from Monday to Saturday from 07:00. 18: 30hrs (not including holidays).
NOTE: Remember that once purchased the ticket there is no refund, well revise their data and date of entry before making the payment, the ticket is valid only for the date indicated on your reservation.